This is an analysis of the poem The Dead Drummer that begins with:
They throw in Drummer Hodge, to rest ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbcbc X deXede X fafafX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11010101 1000111 0110011 110101 11010101 110101 1 11010101 100101 01000110 110101 11100101 110101 1 11001011 111100 01010111 110101 11110101 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dead Drummer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.