This is an analysis of the poem She, To Him Iii that begins with:
I WILL be faithful to thee; aye, I will!
And Death shall choose me with a wondering eye... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbc dbdb ee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001001110 11111001001 1101011100 10111011101 1111111111 0111110011 0101010011 1111100101 1101110101 1001111101 0111011101 01010011111 1110000111 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of She, To Him Iii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Hardy
- Analysis of The Going Of The Battery [wive's Lament November 2nd 1899]
- Analysis of I Said To Love.
- Analysis of To A Lady