This is an analysis of the poem Rain on a Grave that begins with:
Clouds spout upon her
Their waters amain... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbXaXb acbcadXbd eeaeaeeee fcfcggaac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 11010 01001 01110 11001 1110100 011110 110110 11001 11010 01001 110110 11001 0110010 11011 01101 110110 11111 11111 11011 110010 010011 010110 111111 110011 11011 101001 10010 11001 110010 11101 111100 101100 10110 00110 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 229
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rain on a Grave;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.