This is an analysis of the poem Her Immortality that begins with:
UPON a noon I pilgrimed through
A pasture, mile by mile,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cded fggg adcX dgdg heaX iXdX fddd hXXg XieX eeXe bhhX hhXh Xghg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010111001 010111 10011111 111101 11001111 010101 01101101 010111 11111001 111111 0110001001 110101 101111101 11010011 01110101 010100 1110100111 110101 11010101 110101 11010111 110111 11111011 1111010 111011101 111110 11011111 1111010 01010101 110001 1010011011 1011101 101100101 110100 11011101 110111 1010111010 0101001 11010011 11001010 11011101 110001 01010111 110101 100111101 010111 11101001 1101110 11111111 110111 11010100 1101001 11111110 110111 10110101 100100
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, i, by, or are repeated.
The author used the same words a, i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her Immortality;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.