This is an analysis of the poem Departure. that begins with:
While the far farewell music thins and fails,
And the broad bottoms rip the bearing brine - ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba abbX acXccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011110111 1011010101 1101000111 1101001111 11010010101 1101110101 0101111101 10111010111 11110011111 1111000101 1101010100 1011110111 110010110101 10011101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Departure.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.