This is an analysis of the poem Ode On The Spring that begins with:
Lo! where the rosy-bosom'd Hours,
Fair Venus' train appear,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdeed fgfghhcggc babaddijji eieieeXXkc lelekkeiie
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1101010010 110101 010101010 110101 01010101 01000101 010100001 11010111 11010111 110101 100011101 010101 100011111 1010001 01110101 01011111 11010101 11010001 11110101 110001 10010101 010101 11110101 010101 01111101 100101001 11010101 110100101 11110101 110001 01000101 100101 11111111 111101 01010101 11011101 010100101 11010110 11111101 110101 10110101 010101 11001111 010101 11110111 11110101 11010001 11011101 110110101 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 369
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; how, and, they, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words how, the, some, no are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode On The Spring;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.