This is an analysis of the poem The Rouseabout that begins with:
In a humble hut, on a scrubby flat,
Near the land of the setting sun,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbacbc dbdbecbc fbfbebdb daaaggdX fgagaggg daaaXhfh eaiaijgj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010110101 10100101 1010110100 10100101 11101110101 11110101 0101101111 10101101 1100100111 1110101 1101100111 11101101 1111111101 10100101 1101110111 0101101 1100110101 1110101 110100111 111100101 1110110101 1110101 1011110101 11110101 0110101101 0110101 0100100111 1110111 1110110111 00100101 10100100101 11001110 1100110111 1110101 1110101111 11101101 1110110101 11100101 110100101 1100101 11010100101 0100111 1101101011 11100101 1111110100 1111111 1010101101 10101101 1010100101 10101101 11111100101 00110101 10110100001 101001011 1110110101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 302
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, he, at, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, his are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rouseabout;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.