This is an analysis of the poem Orange And Green Will Carry The Day that begins with:
Ireland! rejoice, and England! deplore
Faction and feud are passing away....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXCCbddBCCbeeX XbdbffbggbffbddB hbhbXibiiBjjbkkB abaXCcbggXjjbeeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,16,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000111001 101111001 101111011 101101001 1010 1110 1001001001 1001 11011 101101001 1010 1110 10010101011 1011 11111 101101001 1001110100 10111101 101101101 110111001 1011 1011 1001001011 1011 11011 1101101001 1111 1011 1011001111 1011 01011 1101101001 101111011 100111001 101101011 100101101 1000 1110 1011101001 1011 11101 101101001 10110 1010 1011111011 1011 01001 1101101001 100111111 101111011 1101010001 101111001 1010 1010 101111001 1001 1011 101101001 1010 1010 1001011001 0101 11001 101111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 457
- Average number of words per stanza: 83
- Amount of lines: 67
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, orange are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words orange, no are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines orange, us are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word day at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Orange And Green Will Carry The Day;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.