This is an analysis of the poem Oh! The Marriage that begins with:
Oh! the marriage, the marriage,
With love and mo bhuachaill for me,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBABcdcdE fbfbgbgbE fhfhfifiE jkjklblbaBAB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1010010 01111011 010110010 11011001 110011010 11011011 111110110 1010001011 110101100 010010011 01011101 01011001 11001001 01010111 11011001 11101011 01011001 110101100 01011011 01011001 11001011 111101011 11101001 01101001 01101101 001001001 110101100 11001011 11001011 11101011 111011001 111101001 11011111 11001001 11001001 11010010 01111011 010110010 11011001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 329
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; marriage, and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, a, we are repeated.
The author used the same word his at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word etc at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh! The Marriage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.