This is an analysis of the poem To The Rev. J. W. And His Bride that begins with:
An humble poet-save the mark!
Wishes to give to you a lay... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbab cXdcd aeeae bffbf ggggg hiihi bjjbj gccgcXcffcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 10010101 01001101 11110001 11010001 11110101 01111101 011101010 11010101 111111110 11011101 01110101 11110101 10111101 11001111 11111101 10101101 01100101 01011001 11010101 11100101 11110111 11110111 10111101 11010101 11111111 10010001 10010101 11000101 11111101 11110100 011100010 101110010 11110011 110111010 11110101 01011101 11111101 01010111 11111111 11110101 010010101 11011101 11111101 101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, to are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Rev. J. W. And His Bride;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.