This is an analysis of the poem Acrostics: Iii. A Tribute To The Memory Of John Dent that begins with:
A task so painful, yet so justly due
To thee, my dear, my much respected Brother,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef ghgh cici iXig jkjkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111011101 01111101010 10100111111 0111100010 1100111111 1110010101 11111100001 1111111111 1101110101 0111011101 1111010101 1101111111 1111010101 1101110111 1111110101 1011111101 1111110101 01011100101 1111011101 0111011111 1111010101 1111010111 1101011101 1101011011 1001010111 0101010101 1111000101 1111010101 01101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thou, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Acrostics: Iii. A Tribute To The Memory Of John Dent;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Cowherd
- Analysis of An An Address By The Members Of The Institute At The Soiree
- Analysis of To The Humming Bird
- Analysis of A Tribute To The Bravery Of My Cousin, Mrs. T. A. Cowherd