This is an analysis of the poem A Tribute To The Bravery Of My Cousin, Mrs. T. A. Cowherd that begins with:
Dear cousin, I hail you as Mother most brave,
Who crossed in mid-winter Atlantic's broad wave!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAaa bbcc bbXX ddcc bbee ffgg hhaa bbgg ggee bbiiXeeaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011111011 11011001011 11101001101 11101011101 01011011111 01101011011 11111101101 1010110101101 11111011111 11111001111 10101001011 010111111010 11111011111 11011000101 11011001011 010110011001 01011101001 11011011111 11111011001 10111001101 11011111001 10110101011 11011111011 11011001011 11011001011 11001111001 01011101001 11101011101 11111001101 01011011101 01011011001 11011011010 11001111101 11001011001 01011011101 11111011001 11011111011 11101101001 11001001011 11011011001 11101011101 11111111101 11111111011 11011001011
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to, your, i are repeated.
The author used the same word your at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Tribute To The Bravery Of My Cousin, Mrs. T. A. Cowherd;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.