This is an analysis of the poem The Romance Of The Knight that begins with:
The pleasing sweets of spring and summer past,
The falling leaf flies in the sultry blast,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaabbbbaaccdd eeffffggbbaaffccbbXcaXcXXX ffaaXXbbbbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,26,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01010011101 0101100101 0101110101 0101010101 10010101001 100100101001 0101100101 101001001001 0101010101 0101011101 0101011001 1101010111 0111010111 01010101001 0111110101 1101101101 1001110101 1011110101 1111010101 1110010101 10011100101 1101010101 01010101001 0111000101 0111000101 11001010101 0101010101 1111010101 1101011101 0101000101 101110001001 0101010101 0101110001 1111010111 1011010101 0101111001 01001101001 11110000111 01010010101 1001011101 10010100101 1111011101 1111010111 0101110101 1011000101 100101101101 0101011001 10011101110 0101010101 1010110101 1101110101 0101010111 11110100101 1111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 801
- Average number of words per stanza: 139
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, to, where, a are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Romance Of The Knight;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.