This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
ASK me no more where Jove bestows,
When June is past, the fading rose; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeee XeddXeeaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 11010101 101101011 110101101 11111011 01010001 101110001 11000111 11111011 01001101 10110101 11011101 11111111 11010101 10111111 1011011 11110111 01010101 11011111 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The author used the same word ask at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Carew
- Analysis of Celia Beeding, To The Surgeon
- Analysis of Secrecy Protested.
- Analysis of Song. Murdering Beauty