This is an analysis of the poem Lips And Eyes. that begins with:
IN Celia's face a question did arise,
Which were more beautiful, her lips or eyes ? ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXaXcccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010001 1011000111 1101111101 1101010001 01010101110 11011111110 11011010101 01010101010 10011001110 10110111010 1111100111 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 578
- Average number of words per stanza: 95
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lips And Eyes.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.