This is an analysis of the poem Boldness In Love that begins with:
Mark how the bashful morn in vain
Courts the amorous marigold,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdd ceceffdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 10100101 01011101 11010001 11010001 100001001 0111101 0101000101 11110111 01111010 11110101 010100110 11010101 11011101 11010111 0101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 278
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Boldness In Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.