This is an analysis of the poem Miracles that begins with:
Sick of myself and all that keeps the light
Of the wide heavens away from me and mine, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacXcXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011111101 00110010111 1101110111 1001010001 1100110011 11011101001 1101111101 1110010001 1101001111 0101010101 1101010101 0101010100 0101110000 1101000111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 586
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word for is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Miracles;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.