This is an analysis of the poem Like Crusoe, Walking By The Lonely Strand that begins with:
Like Crusoe, walking by the lonely strand
And seeing a human footprint on the sand, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 11001011101 1101010101 1011110001 1110110001 1101011101 1111000111 1011010111 1101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 396
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Like Crusoe, Walking By The Lonely Strand;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- Analysis of Enamored Architect Of Airy Rhyme
- Analysis of Henry Howard Brownell
- Analysis of No Songs In Winter