This is an analysis of the poem Latakia that begins with:
When all the panes are hung with frost,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcXccdedefdfbaXa X ghgghXieeiXdbhhb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,1,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11011101 11010101 11110101 01010101 01010111 11011111 0110101 11010101 10010111 11011111 10010101 010101001 10010111 11011101 11111101 11011101 1 01011101 01011111 11010111 11010101 01110101 111101001 110111010 11111101 10010101 0100101010 11010101 01100101 11010111 11010101 100101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 214
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Latakia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.