This is an analysis of the poem Books And Seasons that begins with:
Because the sky is blue; because blithe May
Masks in the wren's note and the lilac's hue; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010111 1001110101 0101010101 1011110101 1101010101 1011010111 1101010001 1111110111 1101010111 0101001101 01001010101 1101110101 0101010111 1101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 610
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; because, and, this are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word this is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Books And Seasons;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.