This is an analysis of the poem La Source that begins with:
Tout près du lac filtre une source,
Entre deux pierres, dans un coin ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XXXX Xcca XXXc XXXX XXaX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111 10110111 1001111 1111011 110111 11111011 100111 011110110 1100111 11011101 11000011 100111 0111010 111101 111001111 10101011 11100011 10011010 10001011 0101110 101111 10110100 1111111 1111111100 1010111 0110110 111111 10111100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, le are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Source;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Theophile Gautier
- Analysis of La Spirale Sans Fin Dans Le Vide S'Enfonce
- Analysis of Lamento
- Analysis of Le Laurier Du Generalife