This is an analysis of the poem The Note Of Nature that begins with:
Earth's manifold noises break
Overhead, in the calm,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef fgfg gbgb hchc ciciXgbgb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101 101001 0100111 01001 10101001 01111 10100101 001101 01111001 01101 101101 11011 01101101 11001 01011011 11101 01111001 10101 010011101 01011 0111001 10101 0110111 001011 11001101 10001 101101101 11011 11011111 01101 01101001 001001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Note Of Nature;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.