This is an analysis of the poem Repose that begins with:
A mossy footfall in this wood
A peal of thunder were,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbb cdedbb XcXcaa beeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011001 010100 11010101 0010001 01010101 01110101 10110111 010101 10010101 111101 100111101 01000101 11110011 011001 01001101 0100101 11011101 110011111 01011101 111101 01001110 110100 11110101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, these are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Repose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.