This is an analysis of the poem Sculpteur, Cherche Avec Soin... that begins with:
Sculpteur, cherche avec soin, en attendant l'extase,
Un marbre sans défaut pour en faire un beau vase ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXXXbXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101101010 1111111111 1101111011 1010101001 11100101 10101011110 1010101110 10110100110 101110101010 1011111110 1111011110 011111111001 100011111110 110111010 101111110100 100111110110 1110010110010 1110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 853
- Average number of words per stanza: 159
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, des are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sculpteur, Cherche Avec Soin...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.