This is an analysis of the poem Bien Souvent Je Revois Sous Mes Paupières Closes... that begins with:
Bien souvent je revois sous mes paupières closes,
La nuit, mon vieux moulins bâti de briques roses,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXXXXaabXXXXbXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101110010 111110101010 11110111010 1110101111 110011111110 0101101101100 11010111110 1101111111 11101011110 11110111110 01110111111 11101101010 11111111110 111101110111 11110111111100 111001110111 0101100100100 1101110111 110101101010 110100011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 953
- Average number of words per stanza: 187
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les, o, je, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bien Souvent Je Revois Sous Mes Paupières Closes...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.