This is an analysis of the poem At The Desk that begins with:
I spent the entire day in official details;
And it almost pulled me down like the others:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100101001001 10111111010 11110011000 10011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Desk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Theodor Storm
- Analysis of A Song In October
- Analysis of Knecht Ruprecht - Santa's Helper
- Analysis of Close Both My Eyes