This is an analysis of the poem Mission Statement that begins with:
When I die I promise to haunt
all my surviving enemies,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacabde dXXX fXX cfceabbX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,3,8,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111001 11010100 1101010111 011101101 10100011 11001110110 1101011111 001010011011101 1000110101 110101 11110 00110 11011100 100110010100 111111 011110 11101001 1101110 11100110 111101 0101010101 1100101 1101110010 01101001011 0100000000000
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i'll is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mission Statement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.