This is an analysis of the poem The Female that begins with:
In the instinct of no-creature-of-Nature...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Bcd e Xfg h iXhjec a jfgd d jbi aXhBc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,1,3,1,6,1,4,1,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 00100110010 010011001010100 101001001 11 11101 101010110001 11001 1010 1110011 111110111 11001101 1011100101 1111001 0101001100111 1 111110 1111110 110101 1010 11 011101010 01010101010 0100110111 1 1111010 00100110010 0010011101000
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 70
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words some, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Female;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.