This is an analysis of the poem Another Life that begins with:
Women spend the afternoon squatting on the porch,
picking lice from each other's hair....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXbcbddaacca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101010110101 10101101 11010100101 1000100100101 01001 1101100111101001 11110101101 1110101010 010100001001010 101010011010110 10110101 1111011001 111111011 111010100110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 810
- Average number of words per stanza: 125
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Another Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.