This is an analysis of the poem Pigtail that begins with:
When all the women in the transport
had their heads shaved...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXd ecccd acbe edbaXXc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,7,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100001 1111 110011011 11 110101 0111 0111 0110100110 111111 001 01011101 0110101 0111101 1111 011 1011 011010 10101 0100010 111 1101 010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pigtail;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.