This is an analysis of the poem Suicide Off Egg Rock that begins with:
Behind him the hotdogs split and drizzled
On the public grills, and the ochreous salt flats,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabXcddcXbaX XXeXXfe bXeXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,7,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110111110 10101101011 111001111 01010010010 10110001010 1101010010 110110100 101100101 11111110 01011011010 1011001001 01010010010 10011011010 1100101111 010100110 0010111010 110010110100 1101010100 01001101010 101101110 1011001010 111110110 1111100010 00101101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 250
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word everything is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Suicide Off Egg Rock;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.