This is an analysis of the poem Ode For Ted that begins with:
From under the crunch of my man's boot
green oat-sprouts jut;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabbX aaacca dddeedXdddccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010111 1111 11010110001 100110 011010 11111 111111 10111 111110111 101110 10111010 1110011 10111101 110101 1111110100 111110 1100010 1011111 100110101 110111 11001111 1001010 11101110 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode For Ted;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.