This is an analysis of the poem Voxpopuli that begins with:
What if the Turk be foul or fair? Is't known
That the sublime Samaritan of old... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbbabcbXbbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001011111 1001010001 0101101111 0111010101 1011110101 1101001111 1111110011 0101010101 0111110101 10110001010 0111010101 01010010111 0101110101 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 584
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ye is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Voxpopuli;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.