This is an analysis of the poem Poland - Italy - Hungary that begins with:
In the great Darkness of the Passion, graves
Were oped, and many Saints which slept arose.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaaaaabbbXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0011000101 01011011101 1001010111 0111110111 1101000101 0111010111 0101010111 01010010001 1111110101 0101110111 0111011111 10010101100 0111110101 1100010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 615
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; which is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poland - Italy - Hungary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.