This is an analysis of the poem There Is No Fear that begins with:
The people of this world, if against they stand,
There is no fear, there is no fear, nothing like fear....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cB aB cB dB dB XB XB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01000100111 101110111011 1111101101 101110111011 00111100101 101110111011 10010011 101110111011 10110010111 101110111011 100010111 101110111011 1010000101 101110111011 1010011001011101 101110111011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; fear, no, there are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word fear at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of There Is No Fear;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.