This is an analysis of the poem The Falconer Of God that begins with:
I flung my soul to the air like a falcon flying.
I said, “Wait on, wait on, while I ride below! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abCCdaddbb efcCeeeXff ebffgeggbb egCCXeXdgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001101010 11111111101 1110101 0010101 0111010010101 10110 10101 01000100111 010011 111011111111 11110111010 11010111101 110101 0010101 110100100101010 10010 101010 110101110101 011101 11101011111111 111101010010 10010011101 110101 011101 10001010010101 10010 11101 01010111111 110011 01110010111101 111111101010 111010100101 1110101 0010101 01010100101010 11010 011010 0101011101010 1101 11110111010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 388
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Falconer Of God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.