This is an analysis of the poem Ghosts Of A Lunatic Asylum that begins with:
Here, where men's eyes were empty and as bright
As the blank windows set in glaring brick, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cddc dede fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010111 1011010101 1011000111 1101110111 1001010101 1111010111 10111111001 1101111101 1011010101 1101110001 1101111101 1001010101 0101010101 1001110011 1101010101 0100011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ghosts Of A Lunatic Asylum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.