This is an analysis of the poem On The Horizon The Peaks Assembled that begins with:
On the horizon the peaks assembled;
And as I looked, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 1001001010 1111 01001001 11111 10111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Horizon The Peaks Assembled;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Stephen Crane
- Analysis of There Was One I Met Upon The Road
- Analysis of Once, I Knew A Fine Song,
- Analysis of Friend, Your White Beard Sweeps The Ground