This is an analysis of the poem The Song of All Songs that begins with:
As you've walked through the town on a fine summer's day,
The subject I've got, you have seen, I dare say;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccDddDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 46,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111101101101 00111111111 011011011011 1101010101001 01001111101 11111101101 11001111001 111001001111 111110101 11001111001 1 111100101110101011 0111011100101011 10110101011110011 1110111111010101 111101010101011101 111110111101110101 111101111110111011 1111000101010101011 1 110101010111101011 111001010101111 10110110111110111 1110010111111011 1111110101110111001 101001111101110101011 1101010101110101011 11110101011101011 1 10011111110111011 111010110111101011 10100010111100011 01011110110101011 111011011101011 10111111100100011 110001010111101011 111110101111101111 1 11111110101011001 110101111101110001111 1111010101010111111 11110011010111011 110101010111111111 11010100110111111 11101010110101001 1101001001010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2444
- Average number of words per stanza: 555
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, them, ', of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word ' is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines song, ' are repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase ' connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song of All Songs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.