This is an analysis of the poem My Wife Is A Most Knowing Woman that begins with:
My wife is a most knowing woman,
She always is finding me out,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdedeXa bfdfbXXXXA dXefeafaXA fggXXgfgXA XbabacccaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011010 11101011 110011010 11001101 111011010 01011111 0011010010 11110101 111011100 1110011010 110011111 01111011 111010100 11111111 101101011 111100010 1111110010 11101101 011011111 1110011010 110111010 11101011 110111011 11101111 110010111 11101101 1111110111 11111111 110111011 1110011010 111110111 01111001 111010110 001011001 111111110 01011101 0011011011 11111101 111101111 1110011010 111110111 011110110 111101011 110010110 011110011 11111101 10100010010 11001001 111111011 1110011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, i, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words she, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word woman at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Wife Is A Most Knowing Woman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.