This is an analysis of the poem Gentle Lena Clare that begins with:
I'm thinking of sweet Lena Clare,
With deep blue eyes and waving hair,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaAbbbAAACAAACAAACAXdddA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 25,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001101 01111101 01010101 110101 11010101 11011111 11011011 110101 10101 111101 01010111 110101 10101 111101 01010111 110101 10101 111101 01010111 110101 1 01000101 11011101 11011111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 705
- Average number of words per stanza: 133
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, love, lena, clare are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines clare is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gentle Lena Clare;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.