This is an analysis of the poem Better Times Are Coming that begins with:
There are voices of hope that are borne on the air,
And our land will be freed from its clouds of despair,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbCDCDDDXeeffXgghhXbbggXhhiiXhhbbXjjhhXeekkXkkee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 50,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111001111101 111001001001 11111101011 1010111101 010101 10100101010 010101 10100101010 10101111101110 10101111101110 1 101010101010001 11011101010101 1100011010101 0110111110101 1 101000101111101 101000101110101 1101011110001 1100101111111 1 10010110110111 1111111010101 010010011101 101010110010101 1 100101101110001 1110100110101 010101001111 11101000101001 1 10100100010101 101111101010101 010111110101 1111101110001 1 10010011010101 101001011101 0101101010101 11101001001 1 0010011111101 111101001101001 011111111101 111010001111 1 11010100010011 11010100011101 01001101110001 11000100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2267
- Average number of words per stanza: 424
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, hurrah, his, makes are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word tell is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines coming is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Better Times Are Coming;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.