This is an analysis of the poem Beautiful Dreamer Serenade that begins with:
1 Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
2 Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bXbaa aXcc dadaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1100101101 11111011011 1100111001 11101111101 1100101011 11111101100 1110101101 11001001101 11001001101 1100101101 1111100110 1100101011 11001101101 1100101111 110101101011 1101101001 11001001101 11001001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beautiful Dreamer Serenade;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.