This is an analysis of the poem Gentle Annie that begins with:
Thou wilt come no more, gentle Annie,
Like a flower thy spirit did depart;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab c Xdad efef c ghghXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,1,4,4,1,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111010 1010110001 111011010 1110010011 10 11101011 101110101 101111010 101101101001 111111010 111010011 111011010 11101011011 10 1010111110 101011111 111111110 1011011111 10
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gentle Annie;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.