This is an analysis of the poem Canada that begins with:
It was formerly believed, on a sea-battered shore
though the storm at home blasted,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdd ebdXce cXaefd cXXfdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0110001101101 1011110 1001011111 11111010 11001011001 11010101101 1111111 10101101 1011000101 0010110011 11101011001 101111111 1101111011 010010100 111010001011 0111011001 0011110010010 100101111101 110110101 00101011 11001111100 10111011 1101010011001 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 254
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, and are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase you connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canada;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.