This is an analysis of the poem Ode Til Løgnen that begins with:
Kryb, o Du min Sang,i krumme Slangebugter!
Nedrig i Støvet til Gudindens Tempel,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaXb XXaX XXXX XXXc XXXX XXXX XXXb XXXb XXXX XXXX XcXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011011000 1011110010 101110011 1100 101101100 11111110 111000111 10110 101111000 101010101 11101010111 110 101010111 11100101100 10100011100 111 1011100100 10010110 101001110 101 1001010011 1100110000 1000100001 1001 1010110100 1010011000 101100101 10010 1001101101 1000100010 10101110 1010 11110011100 11101110 111111010010 1010 1111011110 1110001111 111001110 1110 1101110000 110011100 1111101110 111 011001001 1110110111 11011100 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, l are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode Til Løgnen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.