This is an analysis of the poem Jyden that begins with:
Jyden han æ stærk aa sej,
Modde baad i Nøj aa Nej;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXX aaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 111111 1011110110 1011011 11101110 1010111 11101110 1011111 1110110 1111101 1111111 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; aa, ve are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jyden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.