This is an analysis of the poem En Skole that begins with:
Livet er en Skole, som Alle søge maae,
Læreriig tilvisse, men stræng at gjennemgaae....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXaXX XaXXXX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,6,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111111 101011110 11000111110 11111110101 10111110001 1011011111 1011001111 1111011111 1001000010110 1111010110110 1110111101 110111010111 110110111001 110101111111 110010110001 11010111011 1101010111001 11100011110 1110110111 1101001011 1101110010101 1111001101100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; han, og, du are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rt is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of En Skole;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Steen Steensen Blicher
- Analysis of Epilog [ej Blot Til Lyst! Saa Sige Vi, Naar Lystig Skjemt]
- Analysis of Epilog [god Aften Allesammen! Og Mange Tak For Sidst! ]
- Analysis of Epilog [snart For Indbildningen Det Trætte Forhæng Drages]