This is an analysis of the poem Revelation that begins with:
No more my heart shall sob or grieve.
My days and nights dissolve in God's own Light....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XbXb XaXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11111111 1111010111 01010111 001010100100 1110110101 11010101001 01011111 1101010001 11010100 11011100101 111111100 00111111101 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, i, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Revelation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.