This is an analysis of the poem O My Lord Of Beauty that begins with:
You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful,
Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcaacXXbXbaXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1110011001100 1001010010010 111111001 00101011 011111110 10101010101010 101101101 01000100111 11010010101 11111001 111010 001110101010 1101001 0111 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; beautiful, my, o, lord are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O My Lord Of Beauty;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.